Month: February 2018
I finished another knit project! This had been a WIP set aside for quite some time (blogged at the end of January). It was ready in time for our holiday, buttons sewn on and all!
Updating of 2018 Enthusiams (Resolutions to some):
- Keep on track with the diet – there may have been a little over indulgence on holiday (well, a lot actually! I steered clear of creamy cocktails, but did sup a few clear ones, ate plenty of desserts and did little exercise – I don’t think a dip in the Indian Ocean counts as a healthy swim to counteract it, or does it ..?) . But according to my bathroom scales nothing too horrific to report
- Sort out craft stuff all over the house – finishing a WIP counts
- Think seriously about the next step jobwise/careerwise and make good choices – not been thinking, so this is a mini fail
- Make a bucket list of things to do compelled by a particular date – I have a big reveal about this later in the week ! Thanks to a pair of lovely lovely friends!
- Become more involved in day to day household accounting/finance – mini fail …. time to get my pen and paper out ..
No blog posts for a bit as I’ve been on holiday and chose to remain away from tech for the duration. My adorable husband booked us a surprise trip to Mauritius – I celebrated a special birthday whilst we were there and it couldn’t have been more perfect! It’s been such a treat to escape the winter chills of the UK.
I rarely go anywhere without a knitting project , even on a flight. Unfortunately I can’t have been thinking straight (blame it on excitement about the trip. I have plenty of experience of knitting whilst on the go). My yarn, pretty, black with silver sparkles .. what was going on my head? Why didn’t I pack something lighter and brighter?
Night flights both ways. The general plane lighting was switched off, my overhead lamp was poor, mostly the only light I had was from the tv screen. I didn’t exactly get much done outbound – about an inch of ribbing for a sweater! I didn’t even bother to try knitting on the flight back. True knitters will despair (like I did), 2 flights 12 hours each, all that wasted ‘knitting’ time. At least the movies were good though!
I’ve actually been back a few days now, the tan is fading fast and reality is starting to kick in – especially as here in Kent we have a snow today. I plan a stay-home knitting day! hurrah!
There’s been a lot going on, including a little knitting finishing. My camera is playing up – so forgive the wonkiness of these pics (it’s not sewed up wonky, it’s just the way it’s laid out!)
I love this Drops Nepal Blanket in cream, navy and dark teal. It’s a big knee blanket size – started as a gift, but now to be kept for myself (I have gifted an alternative knit so the intended recipient hasn’t missed out!).
I’ve been out and about a bit, another trip to Whitstable – my first of 2018 – rather chilly and blowy but ooh it was lovely to chase the winter cobwebs away one afternoon.
I’ve been meeting with friends, one of my plans for the New Year to do just that.
I have been sewing, two tops, a pair of shorts, pics will follow. For now I’m just packing them in a suitcase for another trip – this time to slightly further shores – looking forward to a 12 hour flight, movies planned, knitting planned. Watch this space!