I am renaming ‘New Year Resolutions’ to New Year Enthusiasms. That way, if I decide not to carry on with something then I haven’t failed to keep a ‘Resolution’. Not that I have beaten myself up in the past for doing just that, but I know I’ve felt slightly guilty when things didn’t quite go to plan and by the end of each January good habits have fallen by the wayside. So entering 2018 …
- Keep on track with the diet started in October
- Sort out craft stuff all over the house
- Think seriously about the next step jobwise/careerwise and make good choices
- Make a bucket list of things to do compelled by a particular date
- Become more involved in day to day household accounting/finance
First woolly UFO, must be about four years since I started to knit this and about two since I peeped in the bag where I’d stashed it. Love the wool. Loved that it knit up so quickly. Hated the stepped shoulder joins and the poor sewing up. Put on weight since so know finished item won’t fit….
Satisfyingly ripped back to balls (remind anyone of Christmas brussels sprouts?). Enthusiasm 2, one tick. Many more to go, craftwise, but it’s a start!
For others with new year plans, hope they are going well and you have not given up on any yet!