Been a little productive, craftwise, in the past few days, sorting fabric and playing with repurposing some charity shop bargains. I have ideas to make new summer tops and a pair of culottes. Having cut out two commercial paper patterns, realised I am so inbetween sizes and thought about past disasters I am jigging those patterns so finished garments will hopefully fit me in the right places. I am not the body size or shape I wish I was (oops! too much good living and too much time spent sitting!)
So I bought a huge men’s shirt for less than £3.00 – am cutting it up. I llke the fabric but it has a stain on it so bought it for the fabric not the garment itself. I have also taken apart a gorgeous broderie anglaise dress I had two years ago, it had a huge snag on the front (grrr, the washing machine ‘ate’ it!). I have chopped into it to make a sample fitted top, making sure the darts are in the correct places, then will use it as a sample as a pattern.
I bought some beautiful linen trousers too. They were made for someone with the longest legs ever – so I have rehemmed them to fit (I actually have long legs but these were ridiculous!) Also a blouse, which was too short in the body, I added a trim to the bottom and voila – perfect for me. In fact I wore this combo to work yesterday – so can’t show it off as it’s now in the laundry pile – will show off pics next time.
So, for a pic today …. I have chosen one of a bag I made for a friend last year. A little quilting, lots of fun I had one Sunday afternoon.
Thanks for reading my blog post(s).